[FX.php List] Ongoing saga of FMS 13 and FX.php... still no luck

Philip Lamb phil at eden.net.nz
Tue Mar 25 14:51:49 MDT 2014

On 26/03/2014, at 7:11 AM, Roger Moffat <rogerkiwi at mac.com> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2014, at 1:12 PM, Andrew Denman <adenman at tmea.org> wrote:
>
>>  If you have
>> enabled the Apache web server that is already installed with OS X, the FileMaker Server installer
>> prompts you to let it disable any existing website using port 80 or 443 before it can continue.
>
> So any machine used as either half of a 2 machine FileMaker Server setup can NOT be used to serve any other websites on Ports 80 and 443?????
>
> How greedy of FileMaker and inconvenient to the Server Admin!!!

I have to agree, it's ridiculous and inconvenient, and its currently a blocker to us upgrading to FMS 13. It looks like we're not the only ones affected... I suggest we add our voices to this conversation (title: "Mad as hell about Filemaker Server 13 ports 80/443")

	http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/f7b3df55fe

The only practical workaround seems to be to run FMS13 in a virtual server instance (Parallels or VMWare).

Regards,

Phil.