[FX.php List] Ongoing saga of FMS 13 and FX.php... still no luck

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Mar 25 12:53:25 MDT 2014

It’s awful…

After NOT reading the installation instructions and wondering why things weren’t working, someone finally set me straight, and I turned off Web Services on my FMS 13 machine, and it’s working fine for web publishing.

I’m doing what Chris Hansen recommended; rather than a two-machine configuration, I did a one-machine configuration, and then on the web server I’ll set up the website, and in my FX data file I put in the IP (or domain name) of the FMS 13 machine. Works fine, and since both machines are in the same network, I don’t think it’ll be much slower if at all.

Frustrating though; it does away with using a single machine for multiple websites, without going through a process that Claus Lavendt graciously figured out. His process doesn’t allow for SSL certs though, and for about 2/3 of the web apps I do, SSL is a must.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
615-333-6858
FileMaker 9, 10, 11 & 12 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: bobpatin at me.com
Twitter: bobpatin