[FX.php List] Nagging FX problem

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Wed Apr 6 20:55:29 MDT 2011

On 07/04/2011, at 2:09 AM, Bob Patin wrote:

> it gets me a TON of stuff, which is probably the problem; I didn't
> write the database, and she has a HUGE # of long value lists.
>
> I went at it a different way, since the value list I need consists
> of all the 9 members of a specific table; just did a FINDALL and
> used that instead...
>
> I suspect her value lists in total are just too much data; just the
> first one displayed appears to be thousands of names... and she has
> maybe 40 value lists in there.

Yeah, the FMView pulls all Value List data from the specified layout.
Another reason for highly tuned layouts - and like you, I would
generally pull VL data from a table as a Find - this also allows me to
tune the VL (eg, I have one of degrees in a Uni, but it also has info
about what level they;re at, which Faculty they apply to etc - so I
can generate a lot of different selects from the same data.)

Cheers

Webko