[FX.php List] Newbie PHP Question about direct link request to DB

Lars Arlér la at mediadesign.dk
Wed Mar 24 03:57:37 MDT 2010

Thanks Webko for the quick and swift answer....

But I'll try to explain my problem a little deeper.

The problem is that I have created a html webmail, from where my colleges
will be linked via a hidden link, in their email client, to their own
browser and directed to their own personal record.

http://87.61.63.20/browserecord.php?-action=browse&-recid=501

But this link will be displayed in the top link window in their browser, not
good.

So I would really like recid to be much longer like Jonathan explained.

The problem with my PHP code generated by FileMaker PHP Site Assistant
Is that it seems to only allow me to use FMP own generated -recid.

And I can sure live with that if I can define how many numbers and letters
it consist off.

Otherwise I would like to use any other FMP field to do the lookup

So if you or other can help we with this PHP issue I will be in deep
gratitude to you.

Her is my PHP in the browserecord.php if it helps

--------------------------- ZIP ZIP ZIP ---------------------------------

<?php

     /**
    * FileMaker PHP Site Assistant Generated File
 */

require_once 'fmview.php';

require_once 'FileMaker.php';

require_once 'error.php';

$cgi = new CGI();

$cgi->storeFile();

$databaseName = 'MD_BackOffice';

$layoutName = 'Webcontacts';

$userName = 'webuser';

$passWord = 'webuser';

$fm = & new FileMaker();

$fm->setProperty('database', $databaseName);

$fm->setProperty('username', $userName);

$fm->setProperty('password', $passWord);

ExitOnError($fm);

$layout = $fm->getLayout($layoutName);

ExitOnError($layout);

// formats for dates and times

$displayDateFormat = '%m/%d/%Y';

$displayTimeFormat = '%I:%M %P';

$displayDateTimeFormat = '%m/%d/%Y %I:%M %P';

$submitDateOrder = 'mdy';

$record = NULL;
    $response = NULL;

$action = $cgi->get('-action');

$recid = $cgi->get('-recid');

switch ($action) {

case "delete" :

{

include "deleterecord.php";

break;

}

########### Some more Cases removed ############

case "browse" :

default :

{

$recid = $cgi->get('-recid');

if (!isset ($recid))

$recid = 1;

$record = $fm->getRecordById($layoutName, $recid);

ExitOnError($record);

break;

}

}