[FX.php List] Newbie PHP Question about direct link request to DB

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Wed Mar 24 02:36:35 MDT 2010

On 24/03/2010, at 6:50 PM, Lars Arlér wrote:

> Hi Jonathan...
>
> Very helpful information.
> But you have to specify a little more ;-) please
>
>> 1) Upon initial record creation, create a
>> long random (unique) character string that serves
>> to identify that record to the outside world. I
>> use 20 digits, upper and lower alpha, set by a
>> Custom Function.
>
> Does that mean that I can specify the "FMP recid"
> And can/will you share your Custom Function, I haven't
> tried to make one yet, is it difficult to make one ??

I'm fairly certain that you can set a decent field definition for this
yourself.... Look at Brian Dunnings site for this sort of thing....

>> 3) Upon initial CWP access of the target
>> record in question, set the recid into a Session
>> variable (not viewable publicly) and use the
>> recid later, or
>
> Are we talking PHP or FMP here ??

PHP - initial Custom Web Publishing finds the record (-recid) and you
put them into a session variable. I'm also fine with doing a finf
based on their input, and grabbing the -recid and then doing a
subsequent -edit on that value...

Cheers
Webko