[FX.php List] Web Hosting

John May jmaymailing at pointinspace.com
Sat May 31 09:40:44 MDT 2008

Huh?  How could the latency of running the solution on the same machine
possibly be higher?  Note that we do abstract our FMSA boxes from our
web servers, with gigabit ethernet in between, which is going to result
in a LOT less latency than going out over the internet for the connection.

Perhaps you've been lucky so far, but we have tried connecting to 3rd
party FMSA servers in the past from the web servers here, and when the
connection breaks (FMSA goes down, internet route temporarily fails,
etc.) it can wreak havoc on the web server.

	- John

>>> http://penton.longtermsolutions.com

John May : President                 <http://www.pointinspace.com/>
Point In Space Internet Solutions             jmay at pointinspace.com

        Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, Lasso & PHP Hosting
              * FileMaker Pro 9 Hosting Now Available *