[FX.php List] Value lists or Data (FMView or Mult. Queries)

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Nov 2 16:25:59 MST 2006

Is there any difference between querying one table twice and querying
2 different tables once each? I'm asking because I can't imagine that
there would be any speed difference...

I have a lot of pages where I do multiple queries; I've never done
any comparative testing though. It would be fairly difficult to do a
fair test, unless it were on a local network that's not influenced by
Internet fluctuations. My hosting company network, which has 30
servers in it and almost 200 websites and 150+ databases, fluctuates
a good bit depending on what's going on, who's downloading, who's
updating sites, and so on.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954