[FX.php List] Value lists or Data (FMView or Mult. Queries)

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 2 16:39:22 MST 2006

Hi Bob

I'm not sure what you mean about querying one table twice -- why
would you need to do that?

What I was referring to is that having multiple queries on one PHP
page is (reportedly) slower than having only one PHP query, and
returning related data via related fields (w/ or w/o portals) on the
one queried layout.  For instance, having a portal of Child records
on a Parent's layout, and then just querying the Parent records, is
faster than querying the Parent records and querying the Children
records separately.

-Joel