[FX.php List] Ongoing saga of FMS 13 and FX.php... still no luck

BEVERLY VOTH beverlyvoth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:46:26 MDT 2014

When I *had* a corral full of servers, each one had a purpose. MySQL was separate from MS SQL was separate from Web Servers was separate from FMS was separate from Mail Server, etc. Our motto was: "single point of failure: (we had backup and ability to hot-swap drives), but when a machine went down, it didn't take the entire herd. Dale's right. If you want FMS13 & WebDirect, it's going to demand a bunch. So it makes sense to put Web Sites on a Web Server and call the dbs as needed. You can even limit access to the dbs within the same network (IP range, likely), so have added security, too.

Beverly