[FX.php List] PCI Compliance for FMS and OS X Server

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Tue Jun 25 13:37:48 MDT 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm back to asking this same question again because it keeps on rearing it's ugly head...

Has anyone passed a PCI Compliance scan (for credit card security) using FIleMaker Server 11 or 12 under OS X Server?

I am running OS X Server  (10.6.8) on a machine with the latest version of  FMS 11. It fails due to old OPENSSL, Apache and TomCat. It looks like I would need to stop using the built in version oh HP for FMP Web Publishing and attempt to update the offending modules. Not fun.

It might be easier to migrate to a current OS X server and FileMaker 12, but I need to be sure that this is a guarantee of PCI Compliance.  For the sake of argument, assume that the php code itself is 100% compliant.  I'm just asking about the server environment.

For reference, the PCI scan I'm referring to is from trustwave. Passing the scan is required in order for the client to maintain their credit card Gateway.

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group