[FX.php List] Connecting PHP Web Pages with ODBC

Glyn Devine glyn.devine at quickseries.com
Thu Apr 25 10:28:52 MDT 2013

ODBC will definitely be faster than FX. FX is dead slow when writing
records. You are generally talking multiple seconds per record created.

To use ODBC to write to filemaker in PHP, you will need to install the
FileMaker ODBC driver on the same machine PHP is running on. The driver that
comes with FileMaker 11 will work fine. I do not recommend the
FileMaker-created ODBC drivers from FileMaker discs prior to version 11 ­
these also have some pretty terrible speed problems.

Good luck!