[FX.php List] [Off] Import RAW XML to a field - FM9

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim.webko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 19:33:52 MDT 2012

OK...

I can quite happily get FM 11 to export a transformed XML and then
re-import it to a field. It creates XML that looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?><party><party-type>Person</party-type><surname>Booth</surname><first-name>Time</first-name><birth-date>None
of your beezwax</birth-date></party>

This is good.

FM9 seems to insist on:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<party><party-type>Person</party-type><surname>Stevens</surname><first-name>Linda</first-name><birth-date>1970-3-15</birth-date></party>

Worse, that return appears to be something like a CRLF, as I get three
records if I import to a test database.

Is there a way to persuade 9 to not do this?

If it was just one return, the workaround is fairly easy - just tell it
that the first record is headers, and then paste the XML declaration back
in later. But two is annoying - I'd have to create a new sub-table, import,
paste the master ID and create a link to then concatenate the related
records...

This project all looked so good until these old version compatibility
issues started...

Cheers

Webko