[FX.php List] Updating many Records - Best Practice?

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Tue Jan 31 16:22:24 MST 2012

Glyn,

If you're updating, it's possible to update multiple rows of a portal with a single FX call.  You might even keep track of which rows have actually been updated so you only update the records you absolutely have to.  That said, I wonder if there wouldn't be a way to script something on the server side; with the number of records your talking about I think that would be faster.

Best,

--Chris Hansen
  FileMaker 7/8/9 Certified Developer
  Creator of FX.php
  "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
  www.iViking.org