[FX.php List] custom functions

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Tue May 31 23:19:33 MDT 2011

On 01/06/2011, at 3:15 PM, Joel Shapiro wrote:

> Hi Frank
>
> If you are accessing any data in your custom function that resides
> in a different table, make sure that the second table also has the
> correct privileges.
>
> Otherwise, I believe auto-enter calcs do not always work with
> records created over the Web.  I don't know the specifics of when
> they do and when they don't, but my (admittedly suspect) memory
> seems to recall other times that auto-enters didn't work...  I even
> seem to remember triggering an FM script within an FMNew call to
> have the FM script set the field that didn't auto-enter.  (This was
> in a DB created by someone else.)

Auto-enter calcs - depends on how long they take/how many steps for
them to be available.

One of the systems I've dealt with cascaded auto-enters up and down
the tree, and they could take a few seconds to come back and update
the required field in the current table - I had to write a loop that
checked whether there was a value in the correct field, and only then
return the data... tedious, but it worked...

Cheers

Webko