[FX.php List] FX and Editing Global Fields

Bradley Creamer creamerbradley at fhda.edu
Mon Nov 15 17:25:45 MST 2010

Hi Chris,

I'm specifically asking you this question because I found your post at:

http://filemaker.463488.n4.nabble.com/Set-Global-Field-in-FileMaker-from-PHP-td2324363.html

... where you say that FX works when editing a global field.

I haven't been successful.

Here's my FX code:

         echo "<p>Message: $message</p>";

         $editMessage = new FX($FMPAddress, $FMPPort, 'FMPro7');
         $editMessage->SetDBData('DB.fp7', 'GlobalMessage' , '1');
         $editMessage->SetFMGlobal('gMessage', $message);
         $editMessageRslt = $editMessage->FMEdit();  // FMFind();
FMFindAny();

         echo "<p>Message error: {$editMessageRslt['errorCode']}<br />
$fmpURL</p>";

Here's the result (printing out the $fmpURL):

Message: TESTING TESTING

Message error: 0
http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=DB.fp7&-lay=GlobalMessage&-max=1&gMessage.global=TESTING+TESTING&-findany
(also tried FMFind, FMEdit.. using -recid, etc)

You can see there's no error being returned from Filemaker. Do you think
specs have changed with FMP11?

Do you know if I need to do anything special on the backend in order to
edit globals?

Thanks,
Bradley

De Anza Web Team / Technology Resources Group (TRG)
webteam at deanza.edu <mailto:webteam at deanza.edu>