[FX.php List] Newbie PHP Question about direct link request to DB

Lars Arlér la at mediadesign.dk
Mon Mar 22 04:53:27 MDT 2010

Hi all and thanks in advance..

Have a little problem with my http request to my DB
And my objective is to blur the link, so that everybody can¹t figure out the
next record link

"http://xx.xx.xx.xx/browserecord.php?-action=browse&-recid=189"   works ok

"http://xx.xx.xx.xx/browserecord.php?-action=browse&-recid_calc=189200011893
59742000120001"    return false/error

Both recid and recid_calc are totally identical in db field ³type & option².

I think that I found the problem in my script, but isn't that strong in PHP
to figure this one out alone......

--------------------------- ZIP ZIP ZIP ---------------------------------

case "browse" :
default :
 {
    $recid = $cgi->get('-recid');
    if (!isset ($recid))
    $recid = 1;

    $record = $fm->getRecordById($layoutName, $recid);
ExitOnError($record);
    break;
}

1. So what does this little script do ??
2. And how can I make it accept the ³recid_calc² ??
3. Or accept any other valid field name ??

thanks in advance..

MEDIADESIGN
Graphics-& Web design

Lars Arlér