Re: [FX.php List] When configuring sshd it’s possible to set which address the service should be configured for.

david weiner 1265 at lucerneblvd.org
Fri Jun 25 10:12:08 MDT 2010

You haven't said whether this is on a Mac or Windows, I'm assuming a Mac, but either way . . .

Look at /Library/FileMaker Server/Database Server/bin/fmserverd, which I'm pretty sure is the Server Daemon, in a text editor if I go to line 948 I see:
"dyld_stub_binding_helper__dyld_func_lookup___tcf_0___tcf_1___tcf_2___tcf_3___tcf_4___tcf_6___tcf_5___tcf_0___tcf_1___tcf_2___tcf_3__ . . ." That seems like a listen order to me, but it's a guess.

I don't know if this is the right place or the only place, but the daemon seems the right place to start - I would use packet filtering or something else external to the FMS application, this method seems unwise for a variety of reasons not the least of which is that it's completely undocumented and unsupported and most likely to break five minutes after you get it to work. ;)

- David

On Jun 25, 2010, at 2:15 AM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> That is my next step in the approach if nobody can answer the question on top.
>
> 2010/6/24 Leo R. Lundgren <leo at finalresort.org>:
>> If it's not possible to configure this (which would be so lame, I really presume there's a way to do it), I guess you can use a packet filter to forward traffic from the other interfaces/IPs?
>>

>> 24 jun 2010 kl. 14.25 skrev Gjermund Gusland Thorsen:
>>
>>> # Use these options to restrict which interfaces/protocols sshd will bind to
>>> #ListenAddress ::
>>> #ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
>>>
>>> I have tried to do the same with FMSA, this in order to give different
>>> bandwidth to different users.
>>>
>>> I would like to have FMSA serve 3 NICs
>>>
>>> 1 for 10Gbit Citrix
>>> 1 for 10Gbit FileMaker Pro users on the LAN
>>> 1 for  1 Gbit Web publishing engine
>>>
>>> However FMSA automatically changes to the lowest Ethernet interface
>>>
>>> Anyone got a clue to where the IP address is hardcoded in FMSA or its config?
>>> The failure is probably that it listens to a specific IP; the IP of
>>> the lowest numbered NIC in this case,
>>> and not 0.0.0.0( all the hosts on the local routing table AFAIK )
>>>
>>> tia,
>>> ggt
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org