[FX.php List] Revised Question: Why does mail( ) command ue wrong email server?

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Mon Jun 14 12:24:10 MDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I've been wrestling with this for a couple of days, and have my past
2 posts boiled down to a single issue.

If turned on, fx.php sends an email notice of fx.php errors. The
routine uses PHP's mail( ) function. That function appears to use
sendmail to send out the email.

On my OS X Server 10.5, I am using a third party Emai server (EIMS -
Eudora Intenet Mail Server) and not OS X server's MAIL program which
uses Postfix.

The  problem is that the fx.php-generated emails are being routed to
PostFix instead of EIMS.

I have experimented with php.ini settings, without success. Settings:
sendmail_from	no value
sendmail_path	/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
SMTP		localhost
smtp_post		25
path to sendmail	/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

I never had this problem with 10.4

For reference, my system uses PHPMailer without issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group