[FX.php List] Crontab to run php script?

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Fri Jun 4 20:51:40 MDT 2010

Hi Jonathan,

The easiest way to trigger a regular, timed script on OS X Server is with... iCal. Any event may be configured to run a script or application. The location of the script is not important except for web access. Scripts run by the web user need to be in the web folder (/Library/WebServer/Documents/) because that's the extend of the web user's world. It's a security thing.

Running a PHP script from Terminal gives you all the access rights of the current logged-in user.

Hope this helps,
Dale