[FX.php List] [OFF] printable very wide table?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 17:04:22 MST 2010

Hi Webko

Thanks for the reply.

You're right about row height.  I hadn't expressed my concern well.
My concern really was printing the same rows consistently page after
page without reliable page breaks.  I'm worried that if I try to
'fudge' page breaks by div height, then at some point a user might get
rows 1-35 on pages 1-3, but then page 4 might be only rows 1-34 and
then page 5 would be row 35, then a gap, & then rows 1-34-ish.  (Or is
there something I'm not getting?)

I hadn't known about the CSS page-break-after property, so that might
be a good solution.

Then again... as I think about it even more...  I'm wondering now if a
user's browser is set to "scale to fit", then if one page has fewer
columns than another, might one page scale differently than other
pages, or would all pages print at the same scaling per print job,
regardless of indiv page widths?  (scaling differently probably
*would* grow or shrink row height).  I'd hope each print job would be
consistent across all pages, but is that something I can trust across
browsers, OSes, and moving into the future?

Cheers,
-Joel