[FX.php List] [OFF] Mac Hardware for FMS?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Sep 2 13:20:20 MDT 2009

While I agree with Dale about Xserves (I have 10 of them), I also like
Mac Pros. I'm not sure which put off more heat, but I can tell you
that they both put off a LOT of heat, but Mac Pros are almost silent,
while Xserves are REALLY noisy.

I have 2 Mac Pros sitting less than a foot away--one is my work
machine, the other is my digital audio machine--they're virtually
silent except when a CD or DVD is being burned. On the other hand, in
my server closet where the Xserves are, behind glass doors, inside a
rack with its own glass doors, I can hear the Xserves whining from 10
feet away. :)

But the fact that you can pull a drive out and swap it in 2 seconds is
mucho cool; that's helped me countless times.

BP

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: new_logo_idea3_120w.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 15728 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------

Longterm Solutions LLC
P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
Twitter: bobpatin
FileMaker 10 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP ? Full email services ? Free DNS hosting ? Colocation ? Consulting