[FX.php List] Patch for Surrogate-pair Character

Masayuki Nii msyk at msyk.net
Fri Oct 9 05:24:26 MDT 2009

I noticed that FileMaker Server returns an invalid XML data in case of any fields
have surrogate-pair character. "surrogate-pair character" are used for east
asia languages, and that is quite rare case in Japanese for example a letter
for a family name. Of course, I've reported the problem as a bug.

I've patched FX.php to resolve above issue. If the returned XML has wrong character,
XML parser reports the error. After detecting it, my patched FX convert the
wrong characters to valid encoded ones and retry to parse. So it's almost no
degrading for the perfomance if there is no wrong characters, and it will be
100% case in English or Latin-1.

The following is patched one and I published on my site. I hope to invelove
the added codes to next FX.php release.

http://msyk.net/fmp/fx_ja/FX_patched091009.zip

Thanks,
Masayuki