[FX.php List] Tired of making special solutions for every browser?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu May 7 11:21:07 MDT 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 7:25 AM, Tim 'Webko' Booth wrote:

> but IE6 (still 20%+ of my users)

Webko:
Do you know why that many people are still on IE6?  What OS are they on?
(I prefer to pretend that the whole world is now beyond IE6 so I
don't have to deal w/ it ;-)

And FWIW: on one or two sites that I've done, instead of 'regular' IE
hacks, I've set the !DOCTYPE dynamically via PHP by checking the
user's browser version.  Probably not the best way to go, but it's
been a handy and quick workaround for me.

-Joel