[FX.php List] Thoughts about line 1425 of FX.php

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Wed Jun 10 11:13:54 MDT 2009

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone's ever seen this wee error;
	Warning: urlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
in /path/to/fx/FX.php on line 1425
but I periodically get it, and today I decided to try and find out
why...

Turns out that the function it's part of BuildLinkQueryString () is
taking the posted parameters and attempting to create a nice URL
friendly string...

Nice idea and all that, and maybe I'm the only one who ever does it,
but I periodically push form data into an array, and it's that which
is causing the issue...

So, does anyone know how important (or not) that function is to the
internal workings of FX...? it appears that it's attempting to create
the old CDML style LinkNext, LinkPrevious type URL strings... anyone
ever use those these days...?? Is this data also sued for anything
else, I don't think so, since previously I've just ignored the error,
with seemingly no ill effects...

If it is as legacy as it looks, is it perhaps time to retire that
function...? Any thoughts on how to deal with the array concept in
post variables...? I guess the array could be exploded and then
rebuilt as a strong in the form
array[]=fred&array[]=spoon&array[]=lives&array[]here but if it's not
needed....???

Cheers
Steve

Steve Winter