[FX.php List] Parsing FP7 XML data

Head Honcho headhoncho at customikesolutions.com
Wed Jul 8 05:39:29 MDT 2009

Hi Paul,

I think you're thinking too much...

The way it works is [very basically]....

The browser talks to IIS... which talks to PHP... which talks to FX...
which does all the connecting to FMS... which gives FX the XML to
process... which is passed back to PHP... which is giving to IIS...
which passes it back to the browser.

So...

Forget about changing any settings in FileMaker [ports or anything
else],
Forget about the fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml stuff [this is handled by
FileMaker]... and the parsing is all handled by FX.

All you need to do is ensure that the fmxml privilege set is turned on
for the user/password setting you are using in your "calling" page.

Create a valid call to to IIS and it will "just work".

Your call should be something like.  192.168.29.252/myTestPage.php,
assuming myTestPage.php has the correct code in it.

If I recall, there's a set of instructions for setting all this up
that comes with the FX download, including a sample file. [I don't
work much with FX anymore as I use FileMaker's API... but the theory
is the same]

Why not just set that up to see what is necessary and then work on
developing your own thing.

BTW, it shouldn't matter which webserver you are using (IIS [Win] or
Apache [Mac]), as long as PHP is installed and working, and the fmxml
privilege set is correct, it will "just work".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Michael Ward
--