[FX.php List] Parsing FP7 XML data

Paul paul at mancomp.co.nz
Wed Jul 8 05:11:43 MDT 2009

Hi

I have spent a good few hours trying to get FX to work, but cannot get
the find queries working.

I have FPServer 9 Advanced on a PC.

PHP is working fine.

IIS is also installed; although I can stop it - with no beneficial
effect.

IIS is 127.0.0.1 - localhost

FMS is set to 192.168.29.252  and port 16000 - as IIS has copped 80.

I try FX_tester.php - getting the IP and port and FP7 correct etc. It
does connect to the server - if I change the username or password to
something false it tells me that it does not connect to the server. So
it is connecting with    Admin and no password

However I get this message - which many others get until they get FX
sussed and working OK.

Using FileMaker URL:
http://Admin:@192.168.29.252:16000/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Contacts
.fp7
<http://Admin:@192.168.29.252:16000/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Contact
s.fp7&-lay=web_list&-max=all&-findall> &-lay=web_list&-max=all&-findall

Now I understand some of the code but not all. But this line tells me
that we are trying to create an XML file
             192.168.29.252:16000/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml

and then parse it.

Now for a PC this is not a valid address.

Maybe my thinking is wrong and this file is never supposed to be created
- like virtual -

After the lines
Ob_start();

Curl_exec      etc
$data = trim (ob_get_contents() );

ob_end_clean();

$data is not empty - it has 1108 bytes - but only fHTML formatting code
- no data from the database - Contacts.fp7.

Same with other databases I have tried

Any ideas? Guess a lot of people are using Macs - where it may be
straight forward and perhaps that URL is valid.

Should I completely re-install without IIS???? - or do you guys have IIS
installed - if you are using PC. I suppose you use Apache on Mac.

I would really like to use FX - but have come to a dead stop.

Cheers

Paul

paul at mancomp.co.nz