[FX.php List] PHP question: Presenting the user with multiple pages from each result

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Thu Jul 2 06:27:07 MDT 2009

Hi John,

I'd suggest staying far, far away from Java...! though I presume in
this instance you mean JavaScript... and unfortunately if you want to
do anything client-side that's really your only option (other than
plugins, or Java, or flash or some other technology), and I'm afraid
the triggering the print dialog needs to be done client side.... note
that this won't actually print the document, it has the same effect as
the user doing CTRL-P or CMD-P on their keyboard, they then need to
click the 'ok' button...

Yes, option one involves re-writing what you've already done, however
my experience in this is that anything which you want the user to
print, and in which the layout/formatting is important, is best
managed through a pdf... it's why when you checkin online with most
airlines you end up with a pdf...

The css pagebreak code works, to some degree or another, but it's far
from 'bullet-proof', see http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/page-break-after#compatibilitysection
  for more on this...

Option 3, yes, it involves javascript, however it only involves minor
changes to the label generation functionality that you have now...

Cheers
Steve

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org
>>

>> Steve Winter