[FX.php List] Economical Mac Server setup

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Tue Feb 10 18:30:29 MST 2009

Bob,

Since I started this mess, I ought to point out that I was suggesting getting a NEW Mini, not a used one. I personally have less faith in a used machine (why did they get rid of it?) than a new one.

We've got 5 here, they are in a business situation (wise or not), with various forms of FileMaker on all, and none have failed in constant use.

Unless I misunderstood, what John originally asked about was an economical way to fix up his client for an in-house machine, with just a "handful" of users, and one or two web clients. It didn't sound like a taxing situation. Here, I'm not too concerned about a machine failure because we have the backups on external drives, and it's so easy to plop in a new Mini if it should happen.

I know this isn't an argument, just a difference of opinion, a different approach. Thought I should put in my 3rd cent.

-Troy