[FX.php List] Lurkers unite.

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Tue Feb 10 10:50:43 MST 2009

Ditto on the FMWebSchool FMStudio approach, as well as the PHP
Assistant. (Sorry Stephen and FMI). These tools might get you
started, but very rapidly run out out of usefulness when real life
pages need to be created...ones with features that aren't offered in
the tools.

Another benefit (does this sound like a sales pitch yet?).. folks on
this list are dedicated to fx.php, but also FM CWP in general. We
often post questions that deal with CWP but off of fx.php....even the
API. ;-)

And as far as noise level is concerned...we try to keep Bob under control. ;-)

At 9:38 AM -0600 2/10/09, Bob Patin wrote:
>Brynley,
>
>I'm a firm believer that the way to do sites is not to rely on a
>tool like FMWebSchool's but to learn how to do things from the
>ground up; you have total control of how your site works, you can
>fix anything that comes up...
>
>You'll find lots of help here on the FX list; Chris Hansen, who
>wrote FX, pops in here from time to time just to keep us straight...
>doesn't help, but he tries... :)
>
>Best,
>
>Bob Patin
>Longterm Solutions LLC
><mailto:bob at longtermsolutions.com>bob at longtermsolutions.com
>615-333-6858
><http://www.longtermsolutions.com>http://www.longtermsolutions.com
>Twitter: bobpatin
>iChat/AIM: bobpatin
>FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
>Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & TechNet
>>around from time to time.
>>
>>Certainly the "signal to noise" ratio is more SIGNAL then NOISE!
>>Which is a good thing.
>>
>>I did get FMWebSchools stuff (all of it!) and that did not help -
>>it certainly seems that FX.PHP has a strong encouraging community!
>>
>>:)
>>
>>Respect.
>>
>>Brynley

Jonathan Schwartz