[FX.php List] [OFF] https per page?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Dec 7 17:09:34 MST 2009

Joel,

I come in and out of an SSL cert by using explicit URLs; however, I would concur with Dale. If using long URLs is an issue, why not go into the cert at the beginning of the transaction, and pop out at the end. I've done that with a couple of sites and the clients don't seem to notice the difference.

On a positive note, they seem to like that warm feeling of knowing they're on secure pages... FWIW... :)

I don't think there is an Apache setup to take care of this, since browsers trigger the use of the SSL cert by having the "https" at the head of the URL. No way around it that I know of.

So the only way to get out is to revert to "http://..."

But of course, I could be wrong... :)

BP