[FX.php List] [OFF] levenshtein and related methods for user helper

david weiner 1265 at lucerneblvd.org
Wed Apr 22 14:11:32 MDT 2009

Yes Troy, that's exactly what I was thinking of. We do a thing we call
the Quick Find in just about every FM job where we index every word
and every letter in sequences so you get a matrix for the entry:
Orchid Flower
Orchid Flowe
Orchid Flow
Orchid Flo
Orchid Fl
Orchid F
Orchid  (with space)
Orchid (without space)
Orchi
Orch
Orc
Or

and then I suppose you can run your matches against that and other
similar criteria like username and ask if they want to add a new
cultivar or edit an existing one.

Just random thoughts, but if you use the Filemaker end for other stuff
I thought this kind of functionality might be helpful anyway and you'd
get more mileage for your effort.

- David