[FX.php List] FX and PHP API

Earl Cook ecook at lasersol.com
Tue Apr 21 05:43:25 MDT 2009

Hello,

Over a several year period, I (with the help of Michael Layne) developed a
FX-PHP-based solution. It is functioning properly but I wish to move it to
another server and now attempting to set an immediate and long-range
strategy. The solution was developed in FX version 4. I have a Mac Xserve
running OS X 10.4.11 with FileMaker Server Advanced 10 and PHP is functional
but FX is not.

Ideally, I would like to run FX AND the FM PHP API. Now that the API is
running, can I also run FX or is it either one or the other? If it is only
one, what is the procedure for disabling the API and installing FX? Now that
both have been around for awhile, are there advantages and disadvantages to
running one over the other?

I wish to say that I really appreciate Chris¹ efforts in being the visionary
and the one to give us FX. Thanks, Chris!

Earl

--
Earl Cook
President