[FX.php List] Form will not submit with IE browser

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Thu Sep 25 16:32:49 MDT 2008

On 25/09/2008, at 11:52 PM, John Funk wrote:

> I ran my resulting HTML through http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator
>  and,
> wow, a lot of errors. Many non closed tags. It is amazing that the
> php work
> on other browsers at all.

Some are more forgiving than others, although personally I like the
really, truly non-forgiving standards compliant ones - if it runs on
them, it should run on anything...

> I did not know there was that much difference in
> browsers. BTW, I am using Dreamweaver 8 MX for code inserts,
> shouldn't that
> be good enough?

DW is usually pretty good with straight html, but once you start
inserting extra chunks with php it can't help as much, because it
can't know exactly what is going to be inserted.

I use GreyMatter Pro for nearly all of my editing, in conjunction with
a decent text editor ;-)

Cheers

Webko