[FX.php List] Advice on Leopard, Apache 2, PHP w/ GD, Entropyand MAMP

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 16:49:58 MDT 2008

On Sep 5, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Anders Monsen wrote:

> I'll have to double check to see if GD was included, but I just
> enabled PHP on some MacBooks with Leopard, by uncommenting one line
> for PHP in the httpd.conf file.

This is the big problem - the GD Libary is NOT included by Apple in
their install of PHP, and in my case I need it on my site for dynamic
resizing of images, so have to use something else.

The install of Entropy as I noted from this page

http://www.entropy.ch/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2945

has worked for me since February, and Troy Meyers reports that it
installed effortlessly for him today.

The only downside to this is that it's now one version of PHP behind -
5.2.5 instead of 5.2.6

Roger