[FX.php List] Advice on Leopard, Apache 2, PHP w/ GD, Entropyand MAMP

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Fri Sep 5 14:51:13 MDT 2008

I'll have to double check to see if GD was included, but I just
enabled PHP on some MacBooks with Leopard, by uncommenting one line
for PHP in the httpd.conf file.

For some reason the Entropy PHP did not install, and I read
instructions somewhere online how to enable PHP just by changing this
file (via the Terminal using "sudo pico httpd.conf") and then creating
a copy of the php.ini.default -> php.ini in the /private/etc/ folder.

The MacBooks then all served up the phpinfo() test page. It was a lot
faster than installing the Entropy package, which has worked fine in
the past.

Anders Monsen