[FX.php List] FileMaker server in cluster or cloud

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Thu Oct 30 19:33:57 MDT 2008

Dear Alex,
> A followup:
>
> If we are concerned about scalability (since we currently have FM
> Server and the web publishing engine and website on one machine and
> it is choking) is it OK to, perhaps, use a cloud / cluster setup
> like http://www.mosso.com/ or Amazon's service for our web server
> and keep our existing machine simply as our FileMaker server?
>
> In other words - are latency issues a problem if the web server and
> filemaker server are not in the same intranet?

Not if the network connection between them is decent - we do a lot of
remotely hosted sites back to our FM Server and there have been few
reported issues.

The times that issues were reported, it was due to bandwidth being
restricted for one reason or another, and a lot of websites were slow.

http://www.pleatco.com/search/search.php is a US based web server to
an Australian FM Server - can't get much more remote...

Cheers

Webko