[FX.php List] encode problem?

Roger Price rp272 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 10:55:40 MDT 2008

An 'action' page (written wholly in PHP) which updates a FileMaker database has until now been working fine.

It now returns am error 958 when '£' symbol (British Pound) is entered into the text field  to be updated. This is being encoded as '%A3' and causes the update to fail. Elsewhere in an FCKedit field the '£' is encoded as 'pound%3B' which works OK.

I know that this must be an encode problem but how do I make this work please?

Roger Price