[FX.php List] [OFF] FMS server leaky on OS X...?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 11:12:25 MST 2008

Hi Steve

If I remember correctly, with FMS7/8, closing/sleeping the machine
displayed as Errors in the FMS logs.  With FMS9, the event log shows
that the files get paused and then FMS sleeps:

Pausing database "FileName"...
Database "FileName" paused.
FileMaker Server is going to sleep. The entire cache will be flushed.
All schedules will be suspended.
Resuming database "FileName"...
Database "FileName" resumed.

I would guess that there could be times when files don't fully/
successfully pause or FMS doesn't fully sleep before I start swinging
my closed laptop around.  Maybe things are substantially different
with FMS9, but for my own peace of mind I'm going to continue
watching that files are closed and then services stopped before I get
off the train.

Best,
-Joel

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org