[FX.php List] WYSIWYG Editor

David Walton dw at coredbs.com
Sat Nov 15 15:28:11 MST 2008

	Can anyone recommend a relatively straightforward solution for this?

	I need a WYSIWYG editor to submit data from (any) web browser to a
web-enabled .fp7 database.  The database if fully FX accessible/editable.

	I want users to have the ability to submit bold, underline, italics text.
 Also, bullets.  (Spellcheck too -- but I have that reasonably well
handled with aspell.)

	Formatted text may be entered via the web, submitted-to and
viewed/edited-in FMP, and called back to the web for further
editing/resubmitting.

	I have succeed at length in setting up two different systems which
accomplish this using different WYSIWYG editors.
	- The first uses the DevEdit editor product.  I built a series of PHP
functions which decode the "editorized" html and translate into FMP
TextStyleAdd functions.
	- The second uses the Cute editor product.  For this, I built a series of
FMP custom functions which do the same.

	However, the system is unwieldy, complicated, and takes a long time to
re-produce.

	I write to ask if anyone has any experience with this situation.  I would
welcome and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
DSW