[FX.php List] Stumbled on something I hadn't realized...

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Nov 13 12:11:31 MST 2008

I didn't realize that in PHP you can write

<?php

$string = "Bob";

echo "$string needs to read up on PHP.";

?>

I've been writing this:

echo $string." needs to read up on PHP.";

It never occurred to me to that you could put variables inside quotes
like that and that they'd be echoed back rather than displayed as
text...

I've been writing things the hard way all this time... sheesh...

Hopefully this will save someone else some time...

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat/AIM: bobpatin