[FX.php List] Is FMPSA 9 better than 8 for OBDC to mySQL?

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Wed Nov 12 07:59:13 MST 2008

Jonathan,

Sorry, forgot to mention the location and name of the Mac connector
( thanks, Andy!).

Also, there are three options when you buy. If I remember correctly,
there's a single license, a five or ten pack, and a server license for
250 users. Price varies from ca. $30 to $400 for the different
versions (we bought the server license as we have 20+ users for this
solution).

Installation is fairly straightforward. You will need the host name or
IP address of the MySQL server, the database name, and the username
and password you plan to use to access that MySQL server. The first
step is to create the access through the ODBC connector. Once this is
done, you open the database and create a reference through your
External Data Sources. You then will be able to pull the tables into
your Relationships Graph. FileMaker will create new layouts for each
external table that you add.

Anders

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org