[FX.php List] Is FMPSA 9 better than 8 for OBDC to mySQL?

Andy Gaunt andy at fmpug.com
Wed Nov 12 07:48:08 MST 2008

Jonathan,

Anders is correct in that for Mac Servers you will need the Actual
Technologies ODBC Connector - http://www.actualtechnologies.com/

Windows servers you can use the free ODBC connector.

Cheers

Andy Gaunt
T: 321-206-3658
andy at fmpug.com
http://www.fmpug.com

FMPug.com: A Developer's best Friend!

FindFileMakerDevelopers.com -
The #1 listings engine for FileMaker Professionals

On Nov 12, 2008, at 9:41 AM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:

> Purchase ODBC connector?

> At 8:31 AM -0600 11/12/08, Anders Monsen wrote:
>> We use ESS to sync up a FileMaker db with Joomla, and it works
>> quite well. For Mac users you will need to purchase an ODBC
>> connector, while on Windows you just need to configure a built in
>> connector.
>>
>> Just remember to not change the MySQL database name if you move
>> your database from one server to another server (ie. from test to
>> production).
>>
>> Anders
>>
>> On Nov 11, 2008, at 7:13 PM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like I need to sync up a user table in FMP 9 file with a
>>> Joomla CMS system (It uses mySQL).
>>>
>>> Am using FMPSA 8 and it looks like there is support for mySQL via
>>> ODBC, but support in FMPSA 9 appears to new and improved.
>>>
>>> Comments?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Jonathan
>>> --