[FX.php List] editing portals

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Mon Nov 3 21:33:56 MST 2008

Hi David,

I too would stay away from editing portal rows, but that advice
doesn't really help solve your problem tonight. Without your FX call,
it's hard to know what's causing a 102 (field is missing) error. If
you're trying to edit the field RoomSecond, it doesn't exist as far as
FileMaker is concerned. It's actually called
__peoplePOSITIONS_HR::RoomSecond.

If you're editing more than one portal row (same field, many rows),
take a look at the section on SetPortalRow() on page 7 of the
FXFunctions.pdf document included with FX. It will help you figure out
how to structure the user input to be saved to portal row(s) via FX.
If this is the case, you'd need a separate text input for each row,
right?

Hope this helps,
Dale