[FX.php List] Displaying images

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Mon Nov 3 15:17:05 MST 2008

> On Nov 1, 2008, at 5:01 AM, Thomas Neumann wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm facing the following problem
>>
>> I try to display images from a database in a webpage using FX.
>> When I just use img src= \" $data["picture] \" then it works (after
>> a request for the password) on my development pc, where FMServer
>> and the webserver run on the same machine. But when I put it on the
>> server (filemakerserver and webserver on different machines) then
>> it does not work (it even did not ask for the password).
>> I tried the image_prox.php from the FX demo, but could not get it
>> working in any configuration.
>>
>> Any hints or clues?
> Thomas,
>
> At first glance I'm wondering about the way you've got your URL
> constructed; when I display images on the web, I prefer to mix my
> PHP rather than writing all the HTML inside PHP, but that's just me;
> here's how my code would look: [... snip ..]

I suspect that Tom has the pictures in a container field inside the
database rather than at a known web location.

The issue here is that the request for the picture in the container
field has to go to the FileMaker Server, not the webserver - this is
not too hard to organise where they operate from the same IP address,
but is difficult when the webserver and FM are different boxes.

Off the top of my head, I seem to remember reading something about how
to deal with this issue, but can't find it offhand.

Cheers

Webko