[FX.php List] Meeting of FX.php Minds at DevCon

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue May 27 14:27:39 MDT 2008

Yes, but it's a dry heat... :)

Actually, at night it's really nice in Phoenix and Tucson. Having
worked in Las Vegas in the summer one year, when it was 114 every day,
spending a few days in Phoenix, where I fully expect never to step
outside except to get in the shuttle to the airport, I'm okay with the
heat.

I never stepped outside last year in Orlando, except to go to the
airport.

... and, after all, I grew up in South Louisiana, where heat in the
summer is just part of the deal.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

--------------------------
Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting

On May 27, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Dale Bengston wrote:

> Well, I'm not going again this year. At least it's out of the Disney
> hotels, but there just isn't enough "there" to make it worth the
> money and time. I just don't do that much FileMaker stuff. Plus
> there's the weather in Phoenix*.
>
> But an FX side meeting.... hmm. Oh well, when you all have the venue
> established, let me know and perhaps we who are not attending can
> raise our glasses at the same time as you, and have a simul-toast!
>
> Dale
>
> *I was in Phoenix with my son in mid-March for spring training. It
> was already 80 degrees then! The heat was welcome to us
> midwesterners in March; not so much in summer.
>
> On May 27, 2008, at 1:27 PM, Alex Gates wrote:
>
>> I'm definitely interested in a get-together.
>> I do recall ggt saying (last year) he was coming just as soon as
>> DevCon
>> was on the west coast... I wonder if phoenix is close enough...
>>

>> Chris Hansen wrote:
>>> Greetings!
>>> After taking last year off, I'll be going to DevCon this year.
>>> No, I won't be speaking (I find speaking greatly reduces my
>>> enjoyment of DevCon), but I will try to be generally available
>>> should anyone wish to pick my brain...  That said, is there much
>>> interest in an FX.php get-together at DevCon this year?  Of course
>>> I'm sure there will be numerous small group discussions, and the
>>> like, but what about an attempt to get all the FX folks together
>>> at once?  Thoughts?
>>> --Chris Hansen
>>> FileMaker 8 Certified Developer
>>> FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
>>> Creator of FX.php
>>> "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
>>> www.iViking.org
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org