[FX.php List] PHP File Permissions

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Wed Mar 19 11:15:52 MDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I'vm wrestling with File Permissions and could use some clarification.

The subject is php and html files, not FMP files.

What are the desired permissions for php files in the web folder?

On the Mac side, there is Owner, Group and Everyone.

For each, the choices are Read and write, Read Only and None.

Also, who should the Owner and Group be?

The reason I ask...I am looking at a software product that allows web
based editing of html and php files.  This could be used when I am
away from my computer.  The product requires that files have full
permissions, and I'm struggling to figure out that the differs from
the "Normal" permissions.

Thx for your help.

Jonathan

--