[FX.php List] FM accts vs. acct & password fields?

william.downs william.downs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:48:17 MDT 2008

Hi Joel,

I personally don't see any risk really or trouble in creating FM
accounts - IF you assign a Privilege Set with only XML extended
Privileges - which is scriptable anyway.

it's true that you may have a lot of Filemaker Accounts - but as it
is used for Authentication I like that idea. The same script can
create a User record in the Users table AND create an FM account -
this then stops anyone from knowing the Users password - which would
not be the case if it is stored in a table

After a successful login, I set the users login details in SESSION
variables -

Of course, it has once again been over a week since I slept properly
- so I may be (most likely) missing something - please feel free to
call me a monkey.

Kindest Regards,

William

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org