[FX.php List] [OFF] Sending php mail as anyone(?!)

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 12:11:28 MDT 2008

Hey Jonathan

For my first test, I had just a couple of words in the body of the
email, and it did go into my junk folder.

I searched the Net and found "How to (legitimately) minimize being
seen as spam":
<http://www.swiftmailer.org/wikidocs/v3/tips/spam>

There are a number of tips in that.  For me, the one that seemed to
make a difference was:  "Don't send really short messages:  I know
it’s stupid, but it does make a difference. A short email (as in one
sentence) is more likely be tagged as spam than a long one."  (Now
*I* wouldn't say that's so stupid ;-)

-Joel