[FX.php List] FMNew adds two records?

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Sat Jan 19 09:49:16 MST 2008

Hi all,

This and the other fix suggestions are all related to the fixed bug
(which was that parameters were sent BOTH via GET and POST when doing
a cURL POST request -- one risk of cutting and pasting code ;-)

I do seem to remember something like this before though...  Is it
possible you're double-clicking the submit button on the form?  Also,
it really is a good idea to use debug:

define('DEBUG', true); // this goes at the top of your query page

That will allow you to see if an XML query does the same thing, and
also see if two queries are being performed somewhere.

Jon, can we have a look at your code?  Best,

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 8 Certified Developer
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org

On Jan 18, 2008, at 7:47 PM, Dale Bengston wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> My memory is fading on this, but you might want to look into turning
> cURL off in your queries.
>
> $InstanceName-> FMUseCURL(false);
>
> Hope this helps,
> Dale
>

> On Jan 18, 2008, at 8:38 PM, Jon Montgomery wrote:
>
>> Well I did check the FX.PHP version and noticed that I didn't start
>> using FX
>> until after the last update.
>>
>> However, in some additional testing:
>>
>> Safari submits only the one record
>>
>> FireFox submits one record with data and one record blank.
>>
>> Any suggestions?  FireFox is on a Mac as is Safari.
>>
>> Jon Montgomery
>>

>> On 1/18/08 8:04 PM, "Derrick Fogle" <derrick at fogles.net> wrote:
>>
>>> That sounds like a long-since-fixed bug in a very outdated version
>>> of
>>> FX.php, so check that to be sure. Not sure what to say about the