[FX.php List] Modification ID - what is it?

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Thu Feb 28 07:55:56 MST 2008

Hi Ben,

Your initial 'thought' on what a modification ID is correct, it's
essentially a count of the number of times that a record has been modified,
and yes, it exists for every record in the database, yes it's accurate, and
as far as I know it's always existed as an internal flag within FMP, thus
yes, you can say that if the modID of a record is 5264, then that record has
been modified 5264 times since the database was created.

Do take in to consideration that modifications may not have been
significant, and if, for instance once changed a field, exited the record,
then changed their mind, and changed it back, that would count as two
modifications ;-)

Cheers

Steve

  _____